- In Claremont, we received a $6,000 grant from MN Energy Resources to install soccer nets in one of the city parks (the only city park).
- In Mapleton, we received a $5,000 grant through Compeer’s Rural Feasibility Study program to partner with SW MN Housing Partnership on the redevelopment of the former school building. SW MN Housing Partnership will be developing site plans and 3d renderings.
- CEDA’s Mitch Massman not only attended the 2022 Mid-America Competitiveness Conference but also was a recipient for the 2022 Bob Ady Scholarship!
- With the help of CEDA’s Emily, Blue Earth Area received $40,000 to develop a Drone Academy. At United South Central she received $40,000 to create a coffee shop that students will run as part of a career development class. These grants both came from Future Ready CTE.
Wabasha participates in the 8th MHP Institute with Winnebago. Wabasha also learned yesterday we have received a $10k grant from MHP plus the 18 months of technical assistance. Wabasha is using their grant funds toward a $20k city wide housing study. Wabasha’s last housing study was performed in 2000. Other funding sources included $10k from SMIF to use for the housing study and marketing, as well as $5k from the City. The City is using ARA Funds. The local housing committee is supported by their Port Authority and is named WATCH, I staff the local committee. There have been a few PR pieces as well as we have begun to showcase our local housing resources, you can learn more here.
- City of Coleraine for their $50,000 boost grant award!
- The City of Dawson was awarded a $70,000 Boost Grant through the Blandin Foundation. These dollars will be used to renovate and improve a variety of features at Gnome Park.
With the assistance and direction of Hillary Tweed, the City of Murdock, MN, population 306, has been awarded aBlandin Foundation Rural Leadership Boost Grant in the amount of $50,000.
- Lanesboro was awarded $50,000 Blandin Foundation Rural Leadership Boost Grant.