Doing big things in small communities.
CEDA was founded in grant-writing and has secured over $50m for our clients. Our success resonates throughout dozens of rural American communities.
CEDA, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1986, can help businesses, communities, and organizations research, write, and administer grants for specific development needs, from infrastructure builds to festival support.
- Collecting and compiling project details and attachments
- Knowing and abiding by all application parameters and processes
- Authoring compelling narratives that clearly demonstrate the need
- Submitting by deadline on behalf of client
- And other project-specific requirements
Give your team
You’re busy. Grant research, proposal writing and compiling supporting documentation takes time and expertise. CEDA’s Grant Department can help you and your team keep your valuable time reserved for necessary projects in your community.
We do our research
Our Grant Department monitors federal, state, local and private grant openings and impending deadlines on an ongoing basis to ensure that we ahve the most up-to-date knowledge.
CEDA also has access to a database of grant opportunities that we can use for research on specific projects. Our Grant Department staff are adept at locating resources for a variety of project types.
We can take care
We understand the requirements that come with grant awards. CEDA’s Grant Department can ensure that all reporting is taken care of correctly and on time.
Our staff can also create supporting evaluation tools for performance measurement, such as surveys, attendance tracking, and more.
CEDA makes the grant-seeking process simple, and we have the professional expertise to manage all facets of your project’s proposal.
Our experienced team will provide an all-encompassing, not-to-exceed figure so that your community can rest assured that is will stay within budget.
Small Cities Development Program Grant Writing and Program Management
The Small Cities Development Program (SCDP) is a competitive Federal/State-funded grant program
that cities may use to address local needs.
Grant funds are generally targeted to benefit low to moderate income people. To date, CEDA has successfully authored over $12 million in these grants on behalf of cities in Southeast Minnesota.
Eligible uses of the funds may include:
- Community infrastructure projects (water & wastewater)
- Single-family or multi-family housing rehabilitation
- New housing construction
- Commercial exterior rehabilitation
- A survey is completed to assess needs either throughout the city or within a specific area of the city.
- If the need warrants, the next step is to submit a Pre-application to the MN Department of Employment & Economic Development (DEED).
- Following Pre-application approval and further research, a Full Application will be submitted to DEED.
- Pre-applications are due in the fall each year, Full Applications in winter, and the grant awards are announced in spring.
- When awarded, the projects may proceed and the on-going grant management begins, which is typically a two to three-year process.
To learn more please contact Allison Wagner at 507-867-3164.