Article by Jason Passmore
Those of us here at the office would like to express our gratitude to all of our many members and especially to our many Board and Committee members. We are not able to accomplish much without the help of these many volunteers, and in looking back at another year almost gone by, much was accomplished indeed in 2012. Just a sampling of some highlights from this past year include:
- HCBT was able to work with 11 different businesses (new and existing) and supply $581,000 in revolving loan funds creating 42 new jobs and retaining another 64 jobs over the next two years. These are made possible by our primary lenders paving the way.
- Over 40 unique innovative entrepreneurs ranging from the individual employer to businesses with over 25 employees sat down with HCBT staff to chart paths of starting a new adventure or growing their current business.
- 17 passionate new Chamber members were added to the team this past year.
- HCBT has written over $2,600,000 of new housing applications and saved local contractors almost $350,000 of sales tax refunds and tax credit savings this year through the Enterprise Zone program.
- Community events, again only made possible by numerous volunteers, were host to record crowds at Harvest Fest, Fly-In Breakfast, Bowling Mixers and the recent Chamber/CIDC Banquet.
The list could go on but from HCBT know that only through your partnerships is anything possible. Have a wonderful Christmas season!
Executive Director, HCBT