Article by Andrew Barbes
CEDA was pleased to have had the chance to work with the Business & Entrepreneurial Support Team (BEST) of Waseca Area and assist community leaders in taking the next step towards an improved Waseca County. BEST applied for and was awarded a $5,000 grant through AgStar to research, analyze, and compose a feasibility study, which CEDA was retained to complete. CEDA studied:
- BEST’s organizational history
- Current activity, project status, and financial considerations
- Future structural and organizational models and made reccomendations
- Future financial considerations and suggested various scenarios
- Suggested metrics to measure success of the organization
The completed study will help lay the groundwork for BEST’s continued success as an economic development tool in Waseca County.