Jackson Business Challenge
Jackson Business Development Committee in conjunction with The City of Jackson, Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce, JEDC and Economic Development Office is offering an incentive package worth up to $20,000 for a winning business that will open in downtown Jackson by September 1, 2023.
- To initiate innovative recruitment of businesses that will enhance the business mix in downtown Jackson
- Provide entrepreneurial businesses a head-start during the first year of business operation .
- To strengthen the economy and the downtown environment of Jackson by attracting unique and specialty businesses.
- To transform empty business spaces into more attractive and beneficial locations
- To build a “buzz” and promote Jackson as a great place to start a business
- To display the community’s commitment to downtown Jackson; to take ownership in and demonstrate pride in downtown Jackson.
- Phase 1 – Business Concept Due: December 30, 2022 (Fri)
- Announcement of those advancing to Phase 2: January 6, 2023 (Fri)
- Phase 2 – Business Plans Drafts Due: January 27, 2023 (Fri)
- Business Plans Due: February 3, 2023 (Fri)
- Announcement of those advancing to Phase 3: February 17, 2023 (Fri)
- Phase 3 – Final Proposal Presentations: Personal Interview will be scheduled the week of February 20, 2023 – March 03, 2023
- Announcement of the Grand Prize Winner: March 6, 2023 (Mon)
- Business Must be Open: September 1, 2023 (Fri)
Dates are subject to change
How to apply/question:
All applications to be submitted via mail or e-mail to:
Jackson Area Chamber Of Commerce
℅: Jackson Business Challenge
114 3rd St. Jackson, MN 56143
Jackson Economic Development Office
℅:Jackson Business Challenge
82 West Ashley St, Jackson, MN 56143
*Contestant required to verify receipt of entry