Interested, qualified individuals may submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization–CEDA was created in 1986 as a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation then called the Southeastern Minnesota Development Corporation. In 2010, the agency became Community & Economic Development Associates (CEDA) as a result of increased interest and inquiries received from communities outside of the agency’s original service area of Southeast Minnesota. The name change reflects CEDA’s commitment to providing services to fit the needs of any rural community. CEDA provides on-site and/or project based economic and community development and other services to rural communities and counties in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa currently. Our team brings with it over 150 years of collective development experience.
POSITION TITLE: Operations Coordinator
COMPANY: Community and Economic Development Associates (CEDA)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Provide coordination of CEDA’s organizational operations, including clerical support, office management, administrative tasks, and special projects as needed.
HOURS: Part-time position – 32 hours
COMPENSATION: $18 to $20 per hour
- CEO/President and Management Team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the ongoing operations of the CEDA corporate headquarters office
- Perform clerical duties, such as maintain a filing system, process mail, and make bank deposits
- Maintain and purchase office supplies
- Periodic office cleaning
- Assist management team with scheduling appointments
- Project assistance
- Assist with paperwork and reports for a variety of CEDA programs
- Assist with website maintenance
- Assist the CEDA team members with mailings, data entry and other items
- Customer service
- Process periodic, monthly, and quarterly accounts receivable billings
- Process contracts for Community Support Program
- Input receipts from billings into accounting software.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO/President or Management team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Have a general knowledge of and proficiency in computer usage, be able to use the internet, email, and have familiarity with programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of copiers/printers and other office equipment
- High School degree
- Proven operations or administrative assistance experience in an office setting.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds or force on occasion and up to 20 pounds more frequently
- Use hands to finger
- Handle and feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to hear voices in person and over the telephone.
- Have vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- No Exemption Status
- Non-Exempt Overtime
Note: This job description includes the primary job duties and requirements for the position. However, in no way is this intended to provide an exact description of all potential duties and requirements. CEDA reserves the right to change this job description at any time.
CEDA places a high premium on professionalism and, as such, expects all employees to consistently conduct themselves in a manner which reflects positively upon CEDA.