Community and Economic Development Associates (CEDA) seeks an individual to fill a Community and Business Development Specialist position
Interested, qualified individuals may submit resume and cover letter by end of business on April 14, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Openings: 1 Full-Time/Part-Time—open to Full-Time or Part-Time consideration
Starting Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000; Depending on Qualifications
Location: Itasca County and surrounding communities
Hours: 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Occasional early morning and/or evening meetings may be required
This position will be responsible for the execution of work necessary to serve CEDA’s Community Support Program contracts. Responsibilities could include (but are not limited to):
- Working with boards and community members to create and implement quality of life projects/improvements such as park development, pools, and other amenities.
- Researching, compiling and drafting information for grant proposals.
- Providing necessary reporting for various grant awarding agencies.
- Developing relationships with relevant regional, state and federal organizations.
- Promoting and utilizing economic development tools/programs to incent job creation and tax base growth.
- Carrying out and ensuring the quality of community marketing efforts.
- Measuring the performance of community marketing objectives.
- Attending workshops and trainings relevant to the position.
- Publicly presenting at open meetings.
- Communicating with local press to share accomplishments.
- Providing business development assistance for startup businesses and businesses looking to expand or relocate.
- Cultivating relationships with existing businesses to promote the sustentation and retention of those businesses in the communities served.
- Improving residential housing development options and availability.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
The Community and Business Development Specialist will report to CEDA’s management and leadership team consisting of the company’s Regional Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Vice President and President/CEO.
Qualifications—CEDA is looking for a team member who wants more than just a job. We’re seeking a passionate, engaging individual who can find excitement and value in the important work that our organization does.
The ideal candidates should be self-motivated, possess high business morals, have excellent oral/written communication skills, and be energetic, results-oriented, and able to develop productive relationships. Qualified applicants should have applicable experience or a degree in community/economic development, public administration, business administration, marketing, management, or another relevant field
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
Application including resume and cover letter is due to email@example.com by end of business day April 14, 2023
–In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.
To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
About the Organization
CEDA was created in 1986 as a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation then called the Southeastern Minnesota Development Corporation. In 2010, the agency became Community & Economic Development Associates (CEDA) as a result of increased interest and inquiries received from communities outside of the agency’s original service area of Southeast Minnesota. The name change reflects CEDA’s commitment to providing services to fit the needs of any rural community. CEDA provides onsite and/or project based economic and community development services to rural communities and counties in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa currently. Our team brings with it over 150 years of collective development experience. For additional information about CEDA and the services we provide, check out our website at www.cedausa.com.